Waveminded Studios employ an Acceptable Usage Policy to maintain the performance and integrity of our computer equipment. This Acceptable Usage Policy is deliberately written in Plain English to make it easy to understand and interpret. Our policies are fair and often more generous than those of our competitors. However, we still maintain an AUP to safeguard our services for you and other customers.
Breach of our Acceptable Usage Policy may result in account suspension or termination without refund.
1. Spam, Warez, Piracy and Illegal Activities. Waveminded Studios does NOT permit any of it’s services to be used for illegal purposes. These include but are not limited to spam, unsolicited commercial email, warez hosting, piracy and hacking related activities. Waveminded Studios will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. Waveminded Studios may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
2. Child Pornography. If Waveminded Studios discovers child pornography on any services provided to You, your account will be immediately terminated without refund. Your personal details will be passed to law enforcement authorities and we will assist fully with law enforcement authorities around the world to seek charges against You.
3. Hacking/Denial of Service/Sniffing/Spoofing. Waveminded Studios do not permit any type of hacking, denial of service, distributed denial of service, sniffing, spoofing, password cracking or similar malicious activities to be performed on or by it’s services. Waveminded Studios will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. Waveminded Studios may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
4. Backup restoration. If your account was cancelled or suspended for non-payment and you still need your data to take with you there is a $10 per incident charge for all inquiries regarding previous services and / or support. We generally keep backups available for a period of 30 days after account cancellation, but can provide no guarantees on the actual length of availability of a backup.
5. Cancellation / Refunds. Waveminded Studios purchases hosting blocks in 6 and 12 month increments on behalf of its clients. Cancellation must be requested 60 days prior to renewing web hosting services. Waveminded Studios does not issue refunds for web hosting cancellations which were provided at a discounted rate or for terms longer than 180 days.
6. Business Web Hosting Services Waveminded Studios has strict resource usage restrictions on Business Web Hosting Services. These are designed to maintain the integrity, security and performance of our web servers. Failure to abide by these restrictions may result in account suspension or termination without refund.
- No script or piece of software may use 35% or more of system resources for 60 seconds or longer
- The number of emails sent from all email accounts at the same domain name cannot be more than 500 per hour
- Running stand-alone, unattached server side processes/deamons is strictly prohibited
- Running any type of web spider / indexer (Google Cash / Ad Spy) is strictly prohibited
- Running any bit-torrent / P2P application is strictly prohibited
- Running cron scripts with intervals of less than 10 minutes is strictly prohibited
- Running of public file exchange services is strictly prohibited
- Disk Usage Provision. 90% or more of your content on your website must be linked from an HTML or similarly coded web page where all content is freely available to the public. Your website consists of web pages of a standard design, essentially HTML based text and graphics. Downloadable files, media, streaming content or any file which consumes more than 500kb of space must not exceed 10% of your total used disk quota.